Naar de website Forum
 | Forums | Registreren | Reactie | Zoeken | Statistieken |
English or Deutsch www.hondacx500.nl Forum / English or Deutsch /   

Poorly Put-put

Schrijver Shet03
Gast 
#1 | Geplaatst: 6 sept. 2005 21:00 
For those of you who were at SJK this year and knew of the problems my CX was having, I have a very sad result.

I took the engine apart this week-end to try and find out what the problem was, and was hopeful it would be a valve problem, but alas no. Not only is there sideways play in the pistons but they rotate/turn in the bore by quite some distance. Inferring that either the big end or the little end is on it's way out.

A new engine has been found thanks to Ian and I will be picking it up in the next week or two.

No wonder it was smoking!

Take care

Anne
xx

Schrijver Roelof

Forum Lid 
#2 | Geplaatst: 7 sept. 2005 00:57 
So you where quite lucky to get home! Hurray, for the Honda engineers.

Hopefully the "new" engine is low-milege and with known history.

Regards,

Roelof.
Oost, west, in de auto is ook niet alles !

Schrijver edward
Gast 
#3 | Geplaatst: 7 sept. 2005 10:47 
Hi Anne, I'm sad to hear that you're engine didn't survive. I wish you all the best with your new engine.

Good luck with installing.
Edward

Schrijver Shet03
Gast 
#4 | Geplaatst: 7 sept. 2005 12:33 
Ah, my engine will live again when I can afford to do the work, but until then..........

I've got pleanty of other little jobs to do to keep me busy until I can get down to Ian's to collect the new one.
Still need to fix the rear brake, change the front wheel bearings and a few other little repairs.

You're always busy when you own a CX!

Take care one and all.

Anne
xx

Schrijver Roelof

Forum Lid 
#5 | Geplaatst: 9 sept. 2005 22:26 
Yeah, it is rather simular to marriage...

Roelof (happily married, never the less).

Schrijver Shet03
Gast 
#6 | Geplaatst: 16 sept. 2005 13:21 
New engine has now arrived and I will try to fit it this week-end. Shuggy has had a slight mis-hap with my other engine and that is also now siezed! However he has offered to rebuild it for me as it was he who blew it.

Great fun these bikes aren't they. Will have a bike on the road by the end of this month if it's the last thing I do!

Hope all are well.
Take care

Anne
xx

Schrijver Roelof

Forum Lid 
#7 | Geplaatst: 19 sept. 2005 00:18 
Hello Anne,

Well, how is the patient? Did she allready recover from her major surgery? Can she breath on her own, or does this still require artificial help?
Give my regards to Shuggy.

Roelof.

Schrijver Shet03
Gast 
#8 | Geplaatst: 19 sept. 2005 14:24 
Did not have time to fit the new engine in Put-put this week-end. Hopfully next week-end I will do it.
There is a very good bike-day/event over here on Sunday which I normally attend, but if I have no bike I will not be going. I know ian and Wendy are going to it and I would like to go and meet them there so I will try to fix her on Saturday. I don't think she will be running in time, but if I don't try there is no chance.

I will pass on your regards. I need to see Mr Shuggy sometime soon. I believe he had a bit of an accident at the Shropshire rally the other week-end and I must visit him to make sure he is well.

Schrijver edward
Gast 
#9 | Geplaatst: 19 sept. 2005 15:28 
Send Shuggy our best. I hope he's all right. Many greets from CX Holland

And good luck with your CX. Hope you will be able to attend the bike-event.

G'luck
Edward

Schrijver Shet03
Gast 
#10 | Geplaatst: 20 sept. 2005 13:54 
Called in to see Shuggy last night and he is well. I'll probably go to the bike show with him on his Pan on Sunday whuich is a scarey thought

Schrijver Roelof

Forum Lid 
#11 | Geplaatst: 22 sept. 2005 00:38 
You dare-devil Islander!!!

Schrijver Shet
Gast 
#12 | Geplaatst: 22 sept. 2005 14:27 
Don't! It's a scarey thought. I have refussed the offer a number of times, but I know that the 'Rawtenstall Bike Show' is a VERY good day out

Schrijver edward
Gast 
#13 | Geplaatst: 20 okt. 2005 12:35 
Hi Anne,

How's your bike doing? And how was the Bike Show (and, more important, the Shuggy-experience)?

Greetz,
Edward

Schrijver Roelof

Forum Lid 
#14 | Geplaatst: 20 okt. 2005 20:06 
Hello Anne,

Yes, tell us all the gruesome details!

Regards, Roelof.

English or Deutsch www.hondacx500.nl Forum / English or Deutsch /
 Poorly Put-put

Reactie Klik hier om naar het gequote bericht te gaan

?
Alleen geregistreerde bezoekers kunnen hier een bericht plaatsen. Je kunt inloggen of je hier registreren.

Nu online: Gasten - 1
Members - 0
Meeste gebruikers ooit online: 374 [7 mei 2020 19:37]
Gasten - 374 / Members - 0

www.hondacx500.nl Forum Dit forum is gebaseerd op Open Source Forum Script miniBB ®
↑ Naar boven