Naar de website Forum
 | Forums | Registreren | Reactie | Zoeken | Statistieken |
English or Deutsch www.hondacx500.nl Forum / English or Deutsch /   

polaris fairing

Schrijver Trev_h
Forum Lid 
#1 | Geplaatst: 11 maart 2008 17:40 | Aangepast door: Trev_h 
Hi Hans, here are a few photos of my GL400 with polaris fairing ( my everyday work bike) hope they may help !

The mounting frame required a 25mm stud extension on the lower engine mounting stud to get the fairing at the right angle

81 500/650custom, 83 cx650c, 94 bmw k75 rt

Schrijver coenox

Voorzitter 
#2 | Geplaatst: 12 maart 2008 09:29 
Hi Trev,

Thanks for the pics. I think the Polaris fairing is one of the best ever made. But I the GL400 is more rare than the fairing.
I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work - Thomas Edison

Schrijver Trev_h
Forum Lid 
#3 | Geplaatst: 15 maart 2008 10:08 
Hi Coen,

Yes the GL400 is rare here also, I bought it as a non runner for spares about 15 months ago. It cost only £100 but when I got it home I found it was too good to use as spares, another £50 got it running , it needed the carbs cleaning, new fork seals and secondhand Harley silencers. I travel to work on it everyday (about 90kms a day) and go out at 4a.m. ! It always starts first time and has since covered 30,000kms and has never let me down, I added the Polaris for winter riding and have never been cold or wet since! It is a late model with Transistor ignition , twin piston brakes and air forks, the only downside is the gearing at 100kph it turns at 6200rpm but it seems to like this! I posted the pictures so it may help Hans fitting his but I can't really show the mounting frame without taking it apart.

cheers,

Trev.
81 500/650custom, 83 cx650c, 94 bmw k75 rt

English or Deutsch www.hondacx500.nl Forum / English or Deutsch /
 polaris fairing

Reactie Klik hier om naar het gequote bericht te gaan

?
Alleen geregistreerde bezoekers kunnen hier een bericht plaatsen. Je kunt inloggen of je hier registreren.

Nu online: Gasten - 1
Members - 0
Meeste gebruikers ooit online: 374 [7 mei 2020 19:37]
Gasten - 374 / Members - 0

www.hondacx500.nl Forum Dit forum is gebaseerd op Open Source Forum Script miniBB ®
↑ Naar boven